Shared from PopSugar
Breaking with tradition, Apple decided to unveil the usual iPhone S line under a new name this year: the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. The two new iPhones are similar to the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, but include some snazzy new updates that Apple revealed at its event on Sept. 12. Check them out:
- A familiar display size: The iPhone 8 will be 4.7 inches and the iPhone 8 Plus will be 5.5 inches. The sizes are the same as the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
- A stellar camera: Like the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, the front-facing camera will be 7 megapixels with the rear-facing camera at 12 megapixels. The iPhone 8 will also have true-tone LED flash on its rear-facing camera, and the iPhone 8 Plus will also still come with dual rear-facing cameras.
- Portrait mode gets an upgrade: Arriving on the iPhone 8 Plus (in beta at first), the new Portrait Lighting feature will use machine learning to fix the type of lighting that hits a person’s face.
- A new color: The new iPhones will come in the traditional silver and space gray colors, as well as a new lighter gold finish.
- A new precious back: The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will move away from an aluminum back to a glass back (as well on the front), which brings us to the next point . . .
- A new way to charge: In doing away with an aluminum back, the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are now capable of wireless charging.
Of course, the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will also ship with iOS 11. The iPhone 8 will cost $699 and the iPhone 8 Plus will retail for $799. Check out more photos ahead of the new iPhone and start counting down the days till it’s out on Sept. 22, with presale starting on Sept. 15.
Original Article and Images from PopSugar